Trai unveils beta site for comparison of telcos’ tariffs
Telecom regulator Trai on Monday unveiled beta version of a portal that aims to bring on one platform the telecom tariffs offered by different operators and in different service areas. The move is expected to provide more transparency and information on multiple tariff offerings by telcos, helping consumers at large. “To enable consumers see tariffs of different TSPs (telecom service providers) and different Licensed Service Areas (LSAs) at a single place, a beta version of portal namely www.tariff.trai.gov.in has been released by Trai today,” the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) said in a statement. Emphasising that it has a mandate to ensure transparency in the sector, Trai said various tariff plans and other tariff instruments are being provided at its website in a downloadable format, for easy access.
At present, the operators offer information on various tariffs on their own websites.
Trai noted that the new platform would not only benefit the consumers but also help other stakeholders do a comparative analysis.
As a first step, Trai has made tariff data available for the Delhi circle, and sought user feedback about the new site.
“To get initial feedback on the look and feel of this portal from consumers, beta version of tariff data for Delhi LSA is also made available on Trai website www.trai.gov.in. The details on the website are as reported by the TSPs of Delhi LSA,” it added.
- Business Corner 16 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- LIC board to meet today to finalise IDBI Bank stake buy 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- IFFCO launches e-commerce platform for farmers; eyes $5bn sales in two years 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- IRCON gets Sebi nod for IPO, issue likely in September 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- PNB's NPA recovery in first quarter tops FY'18 level 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Developing airports like real estate biz doomed to fail: IATA 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Niti Aayog working on proposal to replace LPG subsidy with cooking subsidy: Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Natural gas, ATF in GST this week? 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin may seek extension of deadline 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- RBI wants buyers name on demand drafts to curb misuse 14 Jul 2018 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...