UBI to raise Rs 1,190 crore through bonds
State-owned United Bank of India (UBI) will raise Rs 1,190 crore through issuance of Basel III compliant additional tier I bonds. The decision was taken at the board of directors meeting held on Wednesday.
“The board of directors of the bank at its meeting... approved issue and allotment of Basel III compliant additional tier I bonds up to Rs 1,190 crore,” United Bank said in a regulatory filing. Banks globally have to comply with the Basel III norms so as to improve and strengthen their capital planning processes.
These norms are being implemented to mitigate concerns on potential stresses on asset quality and consequential impact on performance and profitability of banks post the global sub-prime crisis of 2008 that hit the banking industry hard. Indian banking system has been implementing Basel III standards in phases since April 1, 2013. The banks are expected to fully implement these norms by March 2019.
- Rain fury affects Kerala's tourism, plantation sectors 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DHFL Q1 Net Profit up by 35% at Rs 435 Crore 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Sebi comes out with list of 1,677 defaulters 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Hero to launch XTREME 200R, priced at Rs 89,900 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 14 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Irda constitutes working group to review surveyor norms 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rs crashes to 69.91, lowest against USD 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- July inflation slows to 9-month low of 4.17% 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- IOC Q1 net up 50% 13 Aug 2018 | PTI
- NPAs in education sector on rise 13 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...