UIDAI delays face recognition rollout until August 1
The Aadhaar-issuing body UIDAI has delayed the introduction of face recognition facility for authentication by one month to August 1 in order to get enough time to prepare for a smooth rollout.
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey told PTI that some more time will be needed to prepare for the rollout of the new facility which was earlier planned to be introduced from July 1.
The authority in charge of the national identity system had earlier this year announced it will include face recognition alongside iris or fingerprint scan as a means of verifying users, helping those who face issues in biometric authentication or have worn-out fingerprints.
“We are working on that. From August 1, we should be able to do it. All this is technology, and while we target a date this is not something as if we are buying things off-the-shelf. These things are being developed...,” Pandey said.
The UIDAI wants to be fully prepared, he said adding, “We are trying out best to have this released from August 1”. The UIDAI had said that face authentication would be allowed “only in fusion mode” meaning along with either fingerprint or iris or OTP to verify the details of Aadhaar holder
- Business Corner 15 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Min 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 5,600 job seekers at HCL drive 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation slows at 5.09% in July 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GDP likely to grow 7.4% in FY'19: FICCI 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex, Nifty regain on strong macro,Turkish lira rebound 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee hits all-time low 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rain fury affects Kerala's tourism, plantation sectors 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DHFL Q1 Net Profit up by 35% at Rs 435 Crore 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Sebi comes out with list of 1,677 defaulters 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...