2 held for murder in Outer Delhi
The Delhi Police on Monday claimed to have arrested two persons who brutally killed a person after he refused to give them money to buy alcohol. The incident happened in Outer Delhi’s Baprola area on Saturday. A senior police officer said, “On Saturday, a PCR call was received regarding one person lying dead in a park near Ph-II, Baprola. The deceased was identified as Mujahid Khan alias Bablu resident of Baprola. It was also revealed that some altercation took place with the deceased.”
Rajender Singh Sagar, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police 1 (Outer) said, “The arrested accused were identified as, Anil Kumar (26) and Sagar (22), both residents of Baprola.”
Police said a tip-off was received about the accused persons who committed the crime and on the basis of information it was revealed that accused persons would visit their house to collect money so that they can leave Delhi. Subsequently, on Sunday a trap was laid down at the spot and nabbed both the accused persons. Further they disclosed their identities as Anil Kumar and Sagar and confessed the murder of Mujahid committed by them.
“During the interrogation, accused persons disclosed that on Saturday, they all were together and when they wanted money from Mujahid to buy alcohol, he denied. Resultantly, altercation took place between them and both the accused persons thrashed the victim with a heavy stone and murdered him. Furthermore, blood stained clothes that accused persons were wearing during the commission of murder and blood stained heavy stone used in crime were recovered at the instance of accused persons,” said Sagar.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...