- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
3 held for killing petrol pump employee
Three people have been arrested by the Adarsh Nagar police staff for killing a petrol pump employee when he resisted their robbery attempt.
Aslam Khan, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) said, "The arrested accused are Nikhil Saxena (19), Vishal Sonkar (23) and Puneet (24) killed Naresh while he was heading home."
Within 36 hours, police claimed to have solved the murder case. Police said the accused, all residents of Adarsh Nagar, were arrested on Sunday.
Police said they were informed about the murder of Naresh by a motorist. Naresh was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds around 1.30 a.m. near the Bharat Petroleum petrol pump.
The DCP said, "It seemed a blind murder case since no eyewitness was found. Five teams were formed to crack the case. Along with the help of local intelligence and CCTV footage, the police arrested the suspects."
"The accused, who are jobless, told police during questioning that they accosted the victim and tried to snatch his wallet at knifepoint but he resisted, following which Nikhil and Vishal held him from behind while Puneet stabbed him multiple times," said Khan.
The murder weapon and a two-wheeler used in the crime were seized.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...