32-yr-old killed by sister’s husband, brothers-in-law
A 32-year-old man was allegedly murdered by his sister’s husband and her brothers-in-law since they did not approve of his relationship with their younger sister. The incident took place in Outer Delhi’s Kanjhawla, the police said on Wednesday.
The accused were subsequently arrested and identified as as Raju (32), and his brothers Suresh, (27) and Hemraj alias Bhusan, (26).
On June 12, Raju informed that his brother-in-law had been killed. The victim, Shailender, was found lying on a cot in a house with injuries to his face and other parts of the body.
According to a senior police official, Raju initially tried to mislead police by claiming that Shailender had come to visit the weekly market at Anandpur Dham and had passed remarks about a lady leading the public to beat him, the police said. Raju claimed that he had brought Shailender to his house where he died.
During interrogation, Raju admitted that along with his brothers Suresh, Hemraj and Ravi had killed Shailender after beating him with sticks, belt and pipe.
Raju and his brothers -- Suresh and Hemraj were arrested. The fourth accused Ravi is absconding. Earlier, Shailender used to live with his sister and her husband Raju where he developed intimacy with Raju’s younger sister, said Rajendra Singh Sagar, additional deputy commissioner of police (Outer).
After getting to know about it, Raju and his brothers objected to it. Subsequently, Shailender started living alone in Mangol Puri in a rented accommodation.
He used to visit Raju’s house to meet his sister. On June 11, Shailender had come to meet Raju’s sister again and was seen by Suresh, he added.
Suresh brought Shailender to meet Raju, and also called his other brothers who beat Shailender to death. Raju’s wife had gone to her maternal home in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, said the officer.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
In an unprecedented move, a group of more than 300 serving Army personnel on Tuesday approached the Supreme Court challenging prosecution of Armymen performing their duty in States where the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) is in force. They contended the AFSPA grants soldiers immunity against FIRs...