- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
36-year-old man held for duping 100 people of Rs 5cr
Crime Branch arrested a 36-year-old man who had cheated more than 100 people to the tune of Rs 5 crore by luring them into fake schemes promising huge dividends.
Alok Kumar, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said, “The Special Task Force of the Crime Branch arrested Sanjay. He was declared a proclaimed offender by the court and was carrying a reward of Rs 50,000.”
A senior police officer said that the police team received a tip-off on October 9 about Sanjay, who had conned more than 100 people, who will come to Lucknow to meet his relatives. Accordingly, a team under DCP Ram Gopal Naik, was constituted.
“A trap was laid near the house of relative of accused Sanjay in Lucknow and at the railway station of Badshah Nagar. As the accused had changed his appearance, the team identified him a and apprehended him outside the railway station,” said Kumar.
During interrogation, the accused disclosed that due to losses in his business, he planned new financial schemes to lure innocent people by promising them huge returns on their investment. Since he was a property dealer, people were already connected to him and were doing financial dealings with him on the pretext of LIC policies. He, thereafter, convinced them easily to invest in his new financial schemes and after cheating more than 100 persons, he ran away along with his family to Dhanbad in Jharkhand and was living there for past one year, added the officer.
- DU to come up with 6th cut-off list on July 18 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Out of 85k cops, 15k absent during work: RTI 16 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- ‘18 cr suffer from arthritis in India’ 16 Jul 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Centre removes JNU Prof accused of sexual harassment from pollution panel 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Green court planning to conduct hearings through video-conferencing 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Minorities body concerned over meagre loans given to minorities, writes to DSFDC 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 100 public services at your doorstep by Aug 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Food delivery boys vandalise restaurant in Kalkaji 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Female flight attendant jumps to death from Hauz Khas residence 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Vehicles gutted in Noida showroom fire 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | New Delhi
Branching off the main Delhi-Chandigarh-Shimla highway on National Highway 22, which some still call by its earlier name of Hindustan-Tibet Road, are three quaint hill stations—Kasauli, Dagshai and Subathu—all military cantonments, which you cannot miss if you are a travel enthusiast. The charm of long leisurely walks, chirping of all varieties of colorful birds, smell of wild and exotic flowers, the fresh coat of green on leaves when it rains, the...