5 cases of malaria, 1 of dengue reported last week in city
With the advent of season for the vector-borne diseases, the cases of malaria has reached to 16 as five cases reported last week, according to a data released by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) on Monday.
However, only one new case of dengue reported the week, keeping the total number of people affected by the disease to 27 while the figure for chikungunya stands at 10.
According to the SDMC, mosquito breeding was reported from 10618 Delhi households till May 5. While 14585 legal notices issued for mosquitogenic condition.
Dengue and chikungunya are caused by the bite of Aedes agypti mosquito, which breeds in clear water, while Anopheles mosquito, which causes malaria, can breed in both fresh and muddy water.
A senior Corporation official said that the civic body has started a campaign, requesting people not to allow stagnation of water in coolers or dog-feeders, which become a hot breeding ground for Aedes mosquitoes.
Meanwhile, East Delhi Municipal Corporation on Monday announced to launch a 15 days awareness campaign on prevention and control of vector-borne diseases such as dengue, malaria and chikungunya. A senior EDMC official said that the awareness campaign will start from 15th May and will continue to 31st may to make people aware about the preventive measures to be taken to check mosquito breeding.
In one of the worst outbreak, a total of 12,221 chikungunya cases were reported in Delhi till December 24, 2016, out of which 9,749 were confirmed.
- Punjabi singer Lamba arrested for rape on marriage pretext 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC informed about steps to ease 77 congested corridors 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Manipur man killed by cousin over money 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Clear all pending works under MLALAD in week: CM 20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Hospitals ready to fight sting menace 24X7 20 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- INA Metro station revamped 20 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- AAP MLA’s name surfaces on Jamia’s signage 19 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Gr Noida’s ‘dream house’ collapses after weekend house warming party 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 5 out of 26 Green Projects off-track 19 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Discom signs agreement with solar firm to procure 100 MW wind power 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Governor Anandiben Patel has said that tourism has enhanced in Madhya Pradesh in recent years. Employment to maximum people could be provided through tourism industry...