5 cops thrashed in police station by group of traders
Five policemen were allegedly thrashed by a group of 20 to 25 traders in East Delhi’s Gandhi Nagar area on Monday.
According to a senior police officer of the Shahdara district, the incident took place on Sunday afternoon when the alleged group barged into the Gandhi Nagar police station and attacked two Assistant Sub-Inspectors and three Constables. The incident happened after a team under the SHO of Gandhi Nagar had gone to the Subhash Mohalla to carry out sealing in some of the shops.
Enraged by the sealing, the traders came to the police station and started man-handling the policemen. The local police somehow managed to overpower the large number of traders, following which all the policemen were sent to a nearby hospital and an FIR under Sections IPC 186, 353, 332 and 34 has been registered at the Gandhi Nagar police station.
Confirming the incident, Nupur Prasad, DCP Shahdara said, “Six persons have been arrested in this matter. The policemen were man-handled and underwent treatment for minor injuries. Based on their MLC report, we took legal action.”
The arrested persons have been identified as Manoj Kukreja, Gulshan Kukreja, Manohar Lal, Sahil Taneja, Jatin Taneja, Puneet Kumar and Satyadev Gupta.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...