A drama, mockery of democracy: Delhi BJP
Delhi BJP leaders termed Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his cabinet colleagues’ sit in at the L-G office a “drama” and “mockery of democracy”, and claimed that it was done keeping in mind the general elections next year.
Manoj Tiwari, the chief of Delhi BJP, alleged that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) had created “illusions” in 2013 and 2015, and is creating another “illusion” over the full statehood demand in view of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
He said the demand of full statehood requires debate and Kejriwal should participate in it instead of staging dharna at the Lieutenant Governor’s office.
“Making mockery of Democracy, No Work only Drama (sic),” Tiwari tweeted.
“A new film of Chief Minister is running in Delhi. Its title is ‘Chahe Kuch Karlo, Hum Nahin Sudharenge’ (Do whatever you wish, We will not change),” he said.
The Delhi BJP chief said that he would lead a protest march at Kejriwal’s residence at 10 am tomorrow over the water crisis being faced by the people of the national capital. MPs, MLAs, leaders and workers of Delhi BJP would take part in the protest.
BJP MLA and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta alleged that Kejriwal and his colleagues were indulging in “arm twisting and threatening” to influence the L-G over their demands.
“Forcible occupation of the L-G office, dharna on the road and illegal demand for action against IAS officers clearly establish anarchist mindset of Kejriwal and his team,” Gupta told reporters.
- Plea filed in HC against arrest of Bhushan steel's promoter by SFIO 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Noida plans green cover along road to deal with environmental issues 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- When people thronged Metro out of curiosity 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- NCWEB-DU to employ unemployed ad hoc 20 Aug 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- For first time city coloured equally green as other cities in Air Quality Index 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rain affects traffic in S Delhi severely, jams in isolated pockets 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Saral Kendra becomes G’gram’s Ist cashless fee payment centre 20 Aug 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- To curb accidents, Govt formulates Road Safety Policy 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt vows to withdraw recognition 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Four nabbed in online drug trafficking, 2.4 kg drugs seized 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...