AAP MP seeks President's intervention
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh said an "emergency-like" situation prevailed in the national Capital and has sought President Ram Nath Kovind's intervention.
Singh's remark Singh came after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his Cabinet colleagues staged a sit- at the office of the Lt Governor to press for their various demands.
Singh said he has asked for an appointment with Kovind along with party lawmakers and legislators from Delhi and Punjab.
"It's an Emergency-like situation in Delhi. The entire work of the Delhi government is crippled due to strike by IAS officers for past four months," said Singh, adding that the Lt Governor was working at the "behest" of the Modi Government.
The AAP Government's demands to the L-G include direction to IAS officers to end their "strike", action against those who have struck work for "four months". It has also asked the L-G to approve the proposal for doorstep delivery of rations.
"It's unfortunate that the Delhi Chief Minister, his deputy and two Ministers are sitting at the L-G office, but he has not found even three minutes to meet them in past three days," said Singh.
He said that he has talked to the leaders of various political parties like Samajwadi Party (SP), RJD, JD(S), CPM, CPI and RLD who have assured support to the AAP.
"The L-G and the Centre should try to find out a solution to the problem and the president should intervene," said the Rajya Sabha MP.
Singh said that if the IAS officers assured in writing to end their strike and resume work, the AAP will appeal the chief minister and his colleagues to end their sit-in at the L-G office. He warned that the AAP will resort to a massive agitation if no solution is found to the existing situation.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
In an unprecedented move, a group of more than 300 serving Army personnel on Tuesday approached the Supreme Court challenging prosecution of Armymen performing their duty in States where the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) is in force. They contended the AFSPA grants soldiers immunity against FIRs...