AAP to conduct round-the-year air quality study
To combat with serious air pollution problem in Delhi, the AAP Governmnet will conduct a round-the-year air quality study to ascertain sources of pollution in the city, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Wednesday.
"The sources of pollution differ according to the area and time. The AAP dispensation has a plan to procure machines which can detect sources of pollution at any given time and the Government would act accordingly, Kejriwal told a gathering on the third anniversary of the Delhi Government here. Kejriwal said the Delhi Chief Secretary would submit a report on the proposed study and the plan to buy machines in a week.
"In view of various sources of pollution around the year, we will conduct a round-the-year study," he said. The Government will do landscaping work along 500 km of roads to check dust pollution in the national Capital, the CM said.
"Besides, we will carry out a tree plantation drive on a large scale to bring down pollution levels," he said. Agencies which dig up roads for their work will have repair them too, which will help bring down dust pollution in Delhi, Kejriwal said.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...