- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
ABVP seeks Left-leaning JNU Prof’s arrest, sits on day-long dharna
Students of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) sat on a day-long dharna in front of School of Social Sciences (SSS) at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on Monday, demanding resignation and arrest of Professor Ajay Kumar accused of sexually harassing a woman research scholar. The ABVP also burnt his effigy at the centre.
A woman research scholar in her fourth year of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from JNU's SSS has filed a complaint against professor Ajay Kumar in Vasant Kunj police station alleging him of sexually and mentally harassing her. The FIR was lodged on the charges of assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty, criminal intimidation ,and word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman.
"Professor Ajay Kumar has been a former member of JNU Teacher's Association (JNUTA) and has a Leftist leaning," said Vijay Kumar, president , ABVP unit of JNU.
"We demand that he should be suspended with immediate effect and stern action should be taken against him. We also demand that action be taken against the accused in all the cases of harassment and exemplary punishment should be given to them," said Vijay.
ABVP president alleged that the dual face of the Leftist has been exposed once again. "On one hand these people talk about women safety while on other hand when those with their ideology commit crime against women they maintain silence and also try to defame victim. The silence of JNUSU and JNUTA is a proof to that," he said.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...