Air quality deteriorates, high concentration of PM 10 recorded
Due to occurrence of dust storm, Delhi air quality deteriorated on Wednesday, System of Air Quality, Research and Weather Forecast (SAFAR), a unit of Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has recorded high concentration of Particulate Matter (PM) 10.
The SAFAR marked "Orange" to Capital air on Air quality Index (AQI). The PM 10 was recorded at 272 micro cubic per gram and in its air forecast the SAFAR updated the number with 355 (µgm-3)n and gave status - Very Poor.
PM 2.5 was also recorded relatively poor, the concentration was fluctuated between 64 - 84 µgm-3.
While Met and climate experts said that the reason of frequent thunderstorm is surface heat which leads to heat waves and resulting in occurrence of dust storm.
Recently , Delhi witnessed three major high -intensity dust storm (May 2 , May 13 and May 15)
While MeT has predicted and forecast more thunderstorm and dust - storm activities, air quality will further deteriorate with high ratio iof dust particles in air.
According to weather experts, there are chances that there could be more instances of gusty -dusty dust and thunderstorm with high momentum of winds.
The rising surface temperature is triggering heat wave and dust storm. Incidentally, on January 18 this year , NASA has released a research based on the MeT data of centuries and mentioned that the global surface temperature of the Earth in 2017 was the second-warmest in recorded history since 1880.
- 24 Delhi Police officials scoop Prez’s medal for meritorious services 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 30 CBI officials, officers bag President’s medal 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi Grade separator all set to miss its eighth deadline 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Setback for AAP as senior leader Ashutosh resigns 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Why can’t other States emulate Delhi in health, edu sectors: CM 16 Aug 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Yamuna flows above danger level, IMD forecasts rain till August 20 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PM pays visit to ailing Vajpayee in AIIMS 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt has brought Centre to N-E India doorstep: Modi 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Modi hails all women crew of Tarini vessel 16 Aug 2018 | Sapna Singh
- All-women SWAT team from N-E at Red Fort beams with pride 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...