App to lodge plaints against errant auto, taxi drivers likely
Lieutenant-Governor Anil Baijal on Friday chaired a meeting of the ‘Task Force on Women Safety Issues’ and directed officials to create an ‘app’ to register complaints against auto or taxi drivers who refuse to go by meter.
Regarding status of GPS installation in Public Transport, Baijal directed officials to take action against the vehicles found with no functional GPS in addition to cancellation of driver’s license.
The L-G also emphasised that all stakeholders must have a focused and coordinated strategy to make Delhi a safe city for women. Stressing on the need for a change in mindset as well, he directed the regarding departments to keep up their efforts for generating awareness and sensitisation.
On the issue of patrolling by PCR vans to reach within the designated time in response to a distress call, it was informed by joint CP (Traffic) that the average time taken to reach on the spot is 5 to10 minutes and efforts are underway to reduce it further. “Currently 600 PCR Vans are already deployed and a comprehensive proposal for 541 PCR vans with creation of 7723 posts of these PVs is under consideration,” it said.
On the issue of establishment of ‘Fast Track Courts’ it was informed that at present about 20 fast track Courts are already working.
Excise Commissioner informed Lieutenant Governor that they have conducted several raids/joint inspections to curb serving of liquor to under-aged person and deterrent action i.e. cancellation of license will be taken against violators. L-G also directed to take stern action by taking joint drives of excise and Police department against sale of illegal liquor.
- Fake Amazon delivery boy who used to sell collected items held 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man held for strangulating wife 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rajnath to inaugurate three-day national traders’ conclave today 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Iranian couple held for allegedly using fake ticket at IGI Airport 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NGT voices concern over illegal groundwater extraction by hotels 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Using eye drops without prescription may cause blindness: AIIMS 23 Jul 2018 | SUGANDHA
- DCW busts illegal liquor, drugs racket in capital 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CISF returns bag containing cash, valuables to its owner 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Loudspeaker permitted under noise pollution rules: Delhi Police to HC 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 36-yr-old woman found dead in locked room 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...