- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Assault on CS: CM’s ex-aid may be quizzed again
Delhi Police may question VK Jain, the former advisor to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal again in connection with the alleged assault on Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash in February, a senior Delhi Police officer said.
Jain was questioned in connection with the case in February. In March, he resigned as Kejriwal's advisor citing personal reasons and family commitment. The alleged assault took place at Kejriwal's residence on the night of February 19.
The Delhi Police had earlier told a court that during interrogation, Jain said that AAP MLAs Prakash Jarwal and Amanatullah Khan had allegedly surrounded the Chief Secretary and assaulted him.
A senior officer said that they were likely to call Jain again soon as they need clarity on certain things. It may be noted that the police has already questioned the 11 MLAs who were present at the chief minister's residence apart from Kejriwal, Jain and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, at the meeting where Prakash was allegedly attacked.
On February 23, a police team examined the CCTV system installed at the chief minister's residence in Civil Lines area and seized the hard disk. The forensic report on the hard disk is still awaited. The alleged assault on the chief secretary had triggered a bitter tussle between the Delhi government and its bureaucracy.
- Fake Amazon delivery boy who used to sell collected items held 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Man held for strangulating wife 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rajnath to inaugurate three-day national traders’ conclave today 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Iranian couple held for allegedly using fake ticket at IGI Airport 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NGT voices concern over illegal groundwater extraction by hotels 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Using eye drops without prescription may cause blindness: AIIMS 23 Jul 2018 | SUGANDHA
- DCW busts illegal liquor, drugs racket in capital 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- CISF returns bag containing cash, valuables to its owner 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Loudspeaker permitted under noise pollution rules: Delhi Police to HC 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 36-yr-old woman found dead in locked room 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...