Azadpur, Mukherjee Nagar, Shalimar Bagh to get multilevel stack car parking
In order to overcome parking problem in its areas, North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NMC) has floated tender to construct five 'multilevel stack car parking'. The project will come up at Azadpur, Mukherjee Nagar and Shalimar Bagh and will have total capacity to accommodate 340 cars.
A senior NMC official said that among these, three parking will be constructed in Shalimar Bagh. "Majority of vehicles are being parked on key roads of the city causing problems not only to the commuters but also create traffic jams. "The move will help in minimising parking problem to a maximum extent," said an official.
The official further said, "The civic body has decided to develop 29 surface and17 multi-storey and stack parking facilities and the move is taken in the same direction," he said. He further said that 13 surface parking would also be developed on land allocated by Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and the remaining 16 on the land owned by the corporation.
Both the North and South Delhi Municipal Corporation in order to meet the increasing demand of parking spaces and to effectively tackle the menace of illegal parking on road side, had identified 99 spots for construction of surface, stack and multilevel parking lots that is to be completed by the year-end.
"These parking sites were demarcated and identified on the basis of certain parameters that include footfalls, distance from nearest markets, non-availability of parking sites in locality among other important factors," the official said.
While surface and multilevel parking lots are commonly known in metros, stack parking facilities are those where hundreds of cars can be parked in a stacked-up fashion on a structure made of grill which may have two or three platforms. Cars from the bottom are moved mechanically to the top level or anywhere else for parking purposes.
- 24 Delhi Police officials scoop Prez’s medal for meritorious services 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 30 CBI officials, officers bag President’s medal 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi Grade separator all set to miss its eighth deadline 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Setback for AAP as senior leader Ashutosh resigns 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Why can’t other States emulate Delhi in health, edu sectors: CM 16 Aug 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Yamuna flows above danger level, IMD forecasts rain till August 20 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PM pays visit to ailing Vajpayee in AIIMS 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt has brought Centre to N-E India doorstep: Modi 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Modi hails all women crew of Tarini vessel 16 Aug 2018 | Sapna Singh
- All-women SWAT team from N-E at Red Fort beams with pride 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...