- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Baba's fort where girls ‘exploited' demolished
Putting a stop on the ill practice at the spiritual university run by self-styled godman Virender Dev Dixit, the North Delhi Municipal Corporation with the help of the Delhi Police personnel on Tuesday started the demolition drive at ‘Adhyatmik Vishwa Vidhyalaya’ ashram at Vijay Vihar in Rohini.
A month ago, following the orders of the Delhi High Court, Delhi Police had conducted raids on the sensational Adhyatmik Vishwa Vidyalaya ashram in Rohini’s Vijay Vihar area in December several women and at least 41 minor girls were rescued jointly by teams of Delhi Police and Delhi Commission for Women and another NGO. The 1,500 yard five-storey building, where the women and minor girls were confined to, is said to have a posh parking lot where 15 cars were parked, said locals on Thursday.
An senior NMC official said, “We demolished fifth floor by demolishing RCC columns and tin shed, including cutting with gas cutter. Property was also sealed at one point at the Second floor. “Action was taken by 20 labours with cutter with the help of about 100 police forces,” he said.
Following the demolition, DCW Chief Swati Maliwal tweeted, “The Baba’s fort will now be destroyed, where young girls were exploited (sic),”
North Corporation also sealed 45 properties in all its six zones. The sealing action was initiated in the morning in Police presence and a total of 37 properties were sealed in areas of Outram Lane, Rohini, and Deshbandhu Gupta Road and Nangia park.
Meanwhile, building department of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation also sealed 14 properties at Rajouri Garden, Panjabi Bagh and Hari Nagar, complying with the directions of the ‘Supreme Court Appointed Monitoring Committee’. The actions were taken for misusing the properties.
A senior SDMC official said that the building department of the West Zone, following the instructions of the Monitoring Committee took sealing action against seven properties in A 9, A 10 and A 11 blocks in Rajouri Garden, “Five properties in Panjabi Bagh West and two in L Block Hari Nagar were also sealed for carrying illegal activities,” he said. The properties sealed in Rajouri Garden includes a part of Aldine Institute, Sysintell Institute, basement housing go down of Vijay Sanitary Emporium.
The sealing was also done in Panjabi Bagh West at ground floor of the five buildings housing Amratsari Dhaba, Delhi Glass House, Amritsari Nanak Dhaba, Sribalalaji Hardware, a dhaba (all at one point) and Nanak Electrical and sanitary at two points.
Further, the action was taken in Hari Ngar L block in the first floor of two properties at one point each where an office and a call centre were illegally in functioning.
Joining the drive, East Delhi Municipal Corporation has also sealed 12 factories operating illegally in Gandhi Nagar Mandawali and kanti Nagar areas. “We faced a stiff resistance from public but still officials sealed the factories. The action will be continuing,” he said.
“There is no need for sending any prior notice just before the action in that case,” the official said. The SC-appointed Monitoring Committee, which was revived on December 15 last year, has three members including former adviser to the Election Commission KJ Rao, Chairman of Environment Pollution (Prevention & Control) Authority (EPCA) Bhure Lal and Major General (retd) Som Jhingan.
- AAP MLA’s name surfaces on Jamia’s signage 19 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Gr Noida’s ‘dream house’ collapses after weekend house warming party 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 5 out of 26 Green Projects off-track 19 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Discom signs agreement with solar firm to procure 100 MW wind power 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Committed to lighting up dark spots around Metro stations: Jain 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- East civic body asks residents to process biodegradable waste 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Politicians reduces Arthala lake into banquet hall 19 Jul 2018 | SP Singh
- Dy CM: Appointment of director edu by L-G illegal 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Realtor shot in New Palam Vihar 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rise in periphery of Lal Dora mooted to adjust growing rural population 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Commenting on the Congress' efforts for pre-poll alliance with BSP or SP in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said the outfits that allied with the grand old party have suffered destruction. While talking to media persons before commencing second phase of his ‘Jan Ashirwad Yatra’ from Maihar in Satna district, Chouhan said the Congress is a 'dhokhebaj' (deceitful) party...