Bail granted to 2 engineers in Yadav corruption case
The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday granted conditional bail to Assistant Engineer Sushil Agarwal and Junior Engineer Rajesh Kumar who were jailed in the infamous corruption case of Yadav Singh. They were made co-accused by the investigating agency in multi-crore Yadav Singh corruption case.
Defence Counsel Amit Khemka said, he pleaded before the court to grant the two accused persons bail as they were not arrested by the CBI during investigation. There was no point in keeping them in jail as the charges against them were that they did not follow rates fixed by the Central Public Works Department. Court granted them conditional bail, Khemka added.
It may be recalled that Yadav Singh was Engineer-in-Chief of Noida Authority, Greater Noida Authority and Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority. Raids conducted by the Income Tax Department in November 2014 showed that Singh owned huge property disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Following which Yadav was suspended by the UP government and in February 2015 a one-member judicial commission to probe into the multi-crore case was set up the state government. In July 2015 Allahabad High Court directed Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the case stating that allegations were very serious and the probe was complex.
The first charge sheet was submitted by CBI in February 2016 against 14 accused including Yadav Singh; Ramendra Singh, Deviram Arya, Rajiv Kumar, JP Singh, RD Sharma, Ompal Singh, Kusum Lata, Vinod Kumar Goel, Pradeep Garg, Pankaj Jain, Tirupati Construction Company, NKG Infrastructure and JSP Constructions informed the defense lawyer.
The supplementary charge sheet was submitted by the CBI against 8 accused persons Yadav Singh, Vimal Kumar Manglik, Sushil Kumar Agrawal, Rajesh Kumar Sharma, Pankaj Jain and JSP Constructions.
All the accused persons except Yadav Singh's wife Kusum Lata, who is still at large were arrested by the CBI. Three accused Pradeep Garg, Pankaj Jain and Babita Rani were already granted bail by the Supreme Court of India.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...