Biotech filters installed at Rakab Ganj Sahib to cut air pollution
While the Capital is facing severe polluted days, a good move is being taken by Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib authorities joining hands with private companies for a pilot project on reducing air pollution. Biotech filters for cleaning polluted air have been installed in an open space on the gurdwara premises with the help of two firms - Evergen and Airlabs. Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee president Manjit Singh GK said,
“Usually, we use technology to purify air within a closed room in our offices or homes but this is the first time that an experiment is happening where polluted air in an open space will be cleaned. While the Air Quality Index outside is 170, we can see that the place where the filters (are), it is less than 30,” he said.
Delhi BJP MLA Manjinder Singh Sirsa said that this project would provide a huge relief to people who are on the roads.
“The problem of air pollution is quite severe in Delhi. We have started this project here. This is something that can be installed in open spaces like bus stops so that people can get relief from air pollution. I feel that the Delhi government should take a cue from this. Such projects should be implemented in the entire Delhi,” he said.
The pilot project will go on in the gurdwara for three weeks.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | PNS | New Delhi
In an unprecedented move, a group of more than 300 serving Army personnel on Tuesday approached the Supreme Court challenging prosecution of Armymen performing their duty in States where the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) is in force. They contended the AFSPA grants soldiers immunity against FIRs...