- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Capital records hottest day of season, mercury touches 400C
Delhi recorded the hottest day of the season on Monday with the mercury touching the 40-degrees Celsius mark."The maximum temperature was recorded at 40 degrees Celsius, three notches above normal, while the minimum temperature settled at 22.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above normal," a MeT official said. Humidity levels oscillated between 83 and 34 per cent.
The weatherman has predicted partly cloudy morning on Tuesday with the possibility of strong surface winds blowing during the day.
"The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to settle around 39 and 23 degrees Celsius," the official added. On Monday the maximum and minimum temperatures settled at 36.7 and 18.2 degrees Celsius, respectively.
An official of Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said very light rain with strong dust raising winds likely to occur Delhi and NCR areas on Monday night. Meanwhile Met in its weekly forecast mentioned that rain and thunderstorm activities may occur in Delhi on April 17, 19 and 20.
As per Skymet, a private weather forecast organization Currently, a Western Disturbance is clearing away from the Jammu and Kashmir region while another can be seen over North Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir. "Along with this, its induced cyclonic circulation is seen over Haryana and adjoining areas. While Delhi falls in the peripherals of the systems, it still does stand a chance of witnessing some thunderclouds along with dust storm, thunderstorm activity today. Squally winds may accompany the region along with these weather activities," it said.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...