CBI court holds Surendra Koli, Pandher guilty
A designated CBI court on Thursday convicted Surendra Koli and Maninder Singh Pandher guilty of crime in Nithari serial rape and murder cases. In his judgment, special CBI judge PK Tiwari noted that Surendra Koli and Maninder Singh Pandher were involved in the crime so they deserved to be punished. The quantum of sentence will be pronounced on Friday.
The prosecution lawyer JP Sharma told that in earlier 8 cases Koli has been sentenced to death. It is the 9th case in which quantum of sentence would be announced. Pandher had been sentenced to death in two cases in the past. It is his 3rd case in which he had been held guilty of crime. His quantum of sentence along with his servant Surender Koli would also be pronounced on Friday.
A total 19 FIRs were registered in Nithari serial killings out of which final reports were submitted in three cases. In remaining 17 cases charge sheets were filed out of which 9 cases have been finalised by the court. And in all 9 cases Koli had been found guilty and had been awarded death sentence. Pandher has been awarded death in 3 cases and this occasion is the third whose quantum of sentence would be pronounced today.
In this case a 25 year old maid did not return to her home on October 12, 2006. Her missing reported was lodged in the concerned police station. When Surender Koli was arrested on December 29, 2006 for the first time he made police to recover some skulls from rear portion of Pandher’s house where he worked as a domestic help. One of skulls recovered from the site matched with the DNA of her mother and brother during test. This was the strongest evidence in the case to prove him guilty, added lawyer Sharma. The cloths were also identified by the family members of the victim which made to court to held them guilty further added the lawyer.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...