Cops await victim’s kin to further probe
The Ghaziabad police are waiting for blind rape victim’s relatives as she has been changing her statement before the Child Welfare Committee (CWC). Senior police officials said they are in touch with her relatives who are expected to arrive in a day or two. “She may be more comfortable in talking to her close relatives and may narrate what had really happened with her and that would help us in carrying the investigation forward,” said a senior functionary of the district police.
When contacted, the Circle Officer (CO) of Sahibabad area, Rajesh Mishra, he said, "The17 year blind girl claimed that she was raped in her house situated in Lajpat Nagar on Wednesday night. It came to light on Friday night when the girl was crying for help in a park near Parswnath temple".
The officer said, the moment this incident came to light, the girl was referred to CWC for further counseling and shelter.
Earlier, in her statement before the other CWC counselor Archana Mishra, she told that she reached Ghaziabad from Gorakhpur by Amrapali Express. Her elder sister lives here but does not know her address and phone was found switched off. "After her contradictory statements before the CWC counselors, we contacted her relatives in Deoria to come to Ghaziabad. Further action in this will be initiated once they arrive here and till then the girl will remain with the CWC", the CO added
During further counseling before the CWC member Shalini Singh, the girl told that a boy who came on a motorcycle barged into her room and raped her twice and fled after bolting her from outside. The house owner who heard her cry, opened the door and rescued from room. He evicted her from his house when she told him what had happened with her. The land lord however did not give her belonging as she has not paid him the rent for the last three months.
On Friday night a tea vendor helped and took her to Sahibabad police station which sent her to CWC. In her statement she revealed that she belongs to Deoria in UP. Her mother had died when she was a child. Her father had enmity in the village so he left the village with her and started a new life in Mumbai where she suffered a medicine reaction which caused her blindness.
Her father moved to Ghaziabad so that he could get eye treatment in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) a year ago and started living in Lajpat nagar locality on rent. Her father started working but died of heart attack about 10 day's ago and the poor girl was left alone.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | PTI | Bengaluru
Expecting early Lok Sabha polls by December, Congress in Karnataka on Saturday said it has begun preparations for the elections that it claimed would instal a "non-BJP" Government at the Centre. In the run-up to the polls, Congress said it has decided to reorganise the party from grassroots to pradesh congress committee level...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh reviewed the preparations and programmes on scheduled visit of President Ramnath Kovind to Chhattisgarh with his cabinet colleagues and senior officials at his official residence on Saturday. President is scheduled to visit the State on July 25 and 26 at Dantewada and Bastar (Jagdalpur)...