- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Court orders NCP to vacate Delhi office
A city court has ordered the Sharad Pawar-led Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) to vacate its Delhi office. The office of NCP is currently located in the posh Lutyens zone at 10, Dr Bishambar Das Marg in the heart of the national
District Judge Poonam A Bamba on Thursday rejected the appeal of the NCP against the order of the Estate Officer, who had asked it to vacate the premises which is to be demolished for redevelopment of the area.
“In view of the above, the appellant’s contention of being singled out and action of cancellation of allotment of the said bungalow being motivated, is also without any basis,” it said, noting that the occupants of other bungalows in the area have also been asked to vacate.
It also noted that the allotment of the premises stood cancelled with effect from April 1 this year and that the NCP has already taken over possession of an alternate bungalow.
In its August 1 order, the Estate Officer had asked the NCP and everyone living at 10, Dr Bishambar Das Marg to vacate the premises.
The bungalow was allotted to the appellant in June 2000. In March this year, a notice was sent to the political party mentioning that due to redevelopment project of Dr BD Marg, it was decided to allot bungalow no 1, Canning Lane, to the party as an alternate building.
However, the NCP refused to accept the alternate bungalow, claiming that it was too small and does not fulfil its requirement.
- Kashmiri separatist Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others sent to 1 month judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhiites wakes up to humid morning, rainfall to continue 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC bars defacement of properties 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Employees Association writes to MHA over induction of DASS officer in lower grade 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Don who got clean chit in AAP MLA’s marital discord dies 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Snag in Metro halts services, overcrowds Huda City Centre stn 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 58 new Mohalla Clinics, 4 hospitals on the cards 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Days after SC rap, L-G assures of effective waste management 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- 2 smugglers arrested in separate incidents, 46 cartons of liquor seized 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC to build 73 new parking lots in next 2 years 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...