Crime Branch, Gurugram police team to investigate techie stalking case
The stalking and molestation case of 23-year-old techie that took place on Monday night will be investigated by two teams of Crime Branch and Sector-14 police station under the supervision of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) crime, Sumit Kuhar. However, the city police are facing flak for not registering the First Information Report (FIR) immediately after the girl narrated her ordeal to them. The FIR was registered on Tuesday and police have failed to arrest the culprits.
A senior police officer tasked with the investigation said that the police team will recreate the sequence of events and also trace the route taken by the woman. The police team is also scanning the CCTV footage of the entire route where the incident had occurred.
A CCTV footage recovered by police shows a car following someone but the images have not been verified yet, police said.
Meanwhile, Commissioner of Gurugram Police Sandeep Khirwar denied any lapse on part of the Gurugram Police. He said there were no issues pertaining to the jurisdiction of the police stations and the victim also spoke to the women helpline staff after the incident.
"The woman had called up the women help line number and later we took immediate action on her complaint and filed an FIR," Khirwar, said.
Meanwhile, the woman's relatives alleged that after the incident when they reached Sector-14 police station, police refused to file an FIR because the crime took place under Sector-17/18 police station area.
"We approached the Police Commissioner on Tuesday and lodged our complaint. After his intervention, a case was registered against two unknown people at the Sector-14 police station," said victim’s relative.
The incident occurred on Monday night around 12 am while the victim was returning home from her office located in Udyog Vihar to Rajiv Nagar. She was on her scooter and talking to a friend and when she reached Sirhaul Chowk, the two accused who were in SUV allegedly stalked her around three km on old Delhi-Gurugram road. They allegedly passed lewd comments and tried to stop her way and molested her."
Finally, when she reached Sector-14, she raised an alarm and asked a commuter for help. The culprits allegedly threatened the commuter and ran away from the spot," a relative, said.
"The woman has shared the car's registration number with police who are now tracing its owner. We have received some clues about the accused persons and police teams are trying ascertain their whereabouts to arrest them," the Commissioner, said.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...