- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
DCW issues notice to police, Edu dept
In response to the reports of kindergarten girl students confined in the basement of Rabia Girl's Public School in Ballimaran road of the Walled City area for non-payment of school fees, the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) has issued a notice to the Delhi Police and the Education Department, seeking for factual information on the reported incident.
Delhi Commission for Women in its notice, has taken suo-moto cognisance of media reports which allegedly stated that minor girls, aged four-five were locked in the basement of the school for not paying their school fees. The students were allegedly confined for more than 5 hours as punishment.
DCW chairperson Swati Maliwal acknowledging the seriousness of the matter has requested the SHO of Hauz Qazi police station, for factual reports of the incident, and details of action taken against the school authorities. Swati has also enquired if any FIR has been registered and details regarding the matter.
DCW also issued a notice to the Deputy Director of Education, Central district to provide with factual reports and details of action undertaken on the school authorities.
The deadline given by the Commission requesting the submission of these documents is 17th July.
The issue arose on Monday when reports of 16 kindergarten students allegedly confined in the basement of an all girls' school came to light. One of the student's parent identified as Shabeem Hasan has filed an FIR in Hauz Qazi police station accusing the school of confining minor kindergarten students in the basement for more than five hours as punishment for non-payment of fees.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...