Deaf & mute couple beaten up
A deaf and dumb couple were beaten black and blue by a group of four to five people after the couple had objected to their rowdy behaviour as that was disturbing their 11 year old son who was studying. The shocking incident took place in a three stroeyed house in Mandawali area of East district. The culprits who have been identified are yet to be arrested while the police say they are making efforts to arrest them.
The incident took place in the evening of April 1 at Railway Colony area of Mandawali when Devendra Sharma reportedly raised objection to the flatmates living on the second floor not to create noise as the couple’s 11 year old son was studying.
A case under sections 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 341(Punishment for wrongful restraint) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered at the Mandawali Police Station on the complaint given by Devendra’s 70-year-old mother, Pushpa.
As per the written complaint filed the 70-year-old woman, “While I live on the ground floor, my son lives with his family on the third floor in the same building. We sold the second floor to a builder who further gave it on rent to some youths.”
“My son Devendra and his wife Indu both are deaf and dumb. On the day of the incident, while I was in my room on the ground floor, my 11 year old grandson, Kamal came running towards me and said that his father has been brutally beaten by Shatrughan,” said Pushpa.
I managed to climb upstairs and found that Devendra was profusely bleeding while Shatrughan was beating my daughter in law Indu. I somehow managed to raise an alarm and call my neighbours who then rushed Devendra and Indu to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital.
“Seeing that the couple has sustained grievous injuries, they were referred to another hospital,” said Pushpa.
Surender, relative of Indu Sharma told The Pioneer, “It is not the first time that Shatrughan misbehaved with my sister and her husband. For a long time, Shatrughan did not switch off his water tank which caused moisture on the walls on Indu’s house.
On Sunday, Shatrughan was asked not to create problem after he had alcohol with his friends. Since Devendra is deaf and dumb, he sent his son to convey the message. Taking advantage of the plight of Devendra and Indu, Shatrughan thrashed them.” The relative added that Devendra has sustained a serious injury on his chest and is being treated.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...