Discoms to hold 2-day Lok Adalat to address power theft grievances
In order to settle power theft related grievances on the spot, BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) and BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) in association with Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) have decided to organise a two-day 'Lok Adalat' on Saturday and December.
"To reduce the response time to dispose of cases, a total of 38 Courts (BRPL- 20, BYPL- 18) will be set up for the purpose. Customers can also apply for re-connection on-the-spot after 'settling' the case and paying their dues at the Lok Adalat," the BSES official said.
BRPL's Lok Adalat will be oraganised at the district Courts Saket and Dwarka, while BYPL's will resolve the cases at permanent Lok Adalat building at ITO (Near Mata Sundari College) and the district Court (Karkardooma). The two-day affair will take place between 10 am and 3 pm.
BSES spokesperson said, "The purpose is to resolve cases in the quickest possible time. BSES is also making special arrangements, like setting up help desks - manned by specially trained officials - to hand hold each consumer and to make the entire experience as hassle free as possible."We appeal to consumers of South, West, East and Central Delhi to make full use of this golden opportunity to settle their grievances in an amicable manner," he said.
A senior BSES official said that customers can either attend in person with photo ID and a copy of their theft bill or through their advocates to resolve the cases." Cases that are either pending in any Court of Law or are yet to be filed in any Court of Law will be taken up by the Lok Adalat," he said.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...