Doorstep delivery: Govt seeks Law Dept’s advice
The Food department of Delhi Government has sent the file concerning doorstep delivery of ration scheme to the Law Department seeking its suggestion on the proposal, amid confrontation between the AAP dispensation and Lieutenant Governor's office on this matter.
According to an official, the Food Department referred the scheme to the Law Department seeking its view on whether the scheme can be implemented without clearance from the Centre because it comes under the provision of National Food Safety Act. Reacting to the development, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal alleged it showed the "complicity" of the officers and Lt Governor.
"This news clearly shows the complicity of the officer and the Lt Governor. It is evident that the officers are being asked to stop working," he tweeted.
Last week, Kejriwal had approved the doorstep delivery of rations scheme saying he overruled "all objections" over it by the Lt Governor Anil Baijal.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...