EDMC Budget proposals focus on sanitation, revenue generation
The East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) on Thursday presented Budget proposals for 2018-19 with focus on sanitation and revenue generation. With an aim to generate revenue, taxes including education cess, profession tax and betterment tax have been proposed by the Commissioner in his budget proposals.
Presenting the Budget proposals in a special meeting of standing committee, EDMC Commissioner Dr Ranbir Singh proposed betterment tax at the rate of 15 per cent of property tax. The will generate additional revenue of Rs 10 crore annually to the corporation. While education cess proposed to be 5 per cent of property tax. Proposal for imposition of professional tax who have annual income of Rs 5 lakh were also proposed to generate Rs five crore revenue for the cash strapped corporation.
The EDMC would develop an entomology lab and training centre to prevent mosquito-borne diseases. CCTV cameras would also be installed in SDN hospital with a cost of Rs 1 crore. Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Metro’s Yellow Line to spread patriotism message with pics of Gandhi and Indian icons 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Transportation of live heart: Special corridor created, 35-year-old saved 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NDMC’s smart city project: Rajnath launches Wi-Fi, 360o cameras 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brace up to curb winter pollution, Civic bodies told 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Security stepped up in Gurugram ahead of Independence Day 14 Aug 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Pvt company owner held for molesting minor trainee 13 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to schools: Report any untoward incident to us before reaching media 13 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City’s SWAT women commandos don designer uniform 13 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...