EDMC scraps proposal to impose education cess
East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) has scrapped the proposal to impose new taxes such as education cess, betterment and professional taxes.
Presenting budget 2017-18, Leader of House (LOH) Santosh Pal proposed to build a multi-storey parking at Krishna Nagar by June 2018 with a cost of Rs 23 crore. These car parking would be developed at Aditya Arcade Preet Vihar, Geeta Colony, Babarpur and Nand Nagri.
Pal also proposed to develop car parking on ‘Public Private Partnership’ (PPP) model at Laxmi Nagar, Vikas Marg and District Centre Complex.
Also, following the footsteps of the north and south municipal corporations, the east corporation has also announced to launch a scheme to provide wholesome and nutritious meal at nominal charges.
It was also proposed that the capacity to process waste at ‘Construction and Demolition’ waste plant to increase from 500 MT per day to 1000 MT per day. Further, the capacity to process waste at Ghazipur waste-to-energy plant would be increased from 1300 MT per day to 2500 MT per day. 12 MW of electricity is being produced at the plant by processing 1300 MT per day, he said.
To strengthen it resource capacity under Swachh Bharat Mission, the civic body announced to have a plan to procure 50 battery operated litter picker, 64 auto-mounted litter picker, 20 fixed compacters, seven mechanical sweepers, 10 accelerated compost machines, 2 bio-methanization plant of 5 ton per day capacity, one bio-methanization plant (for disposal of dung waste) of 100 ton capacity per day, two super sucker machines and 10 suction-cum-jetting machines. 80 per cent cost for this would be borne by Union government and rest by the Corporation.
Leader of House also informed that 1600 twin bins of 100 litre capacities have been placed and 5000 more such twin bins would be used in future. “3000 plastic dustbins of 12 litre capacity were distributed to citizens and 20,000 more such dustbins would be distributed,” he informed.
Keeping health of the citizen in mind a concept to open air gym would be developed in 55 parks of EDMC by 30th June, 2018 with an estimated cost of Rs 490 lakh. Tenders for the same have been invited, Pal said.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...