English (Hons) most sought-after course
Among the applications received for the Undergraduate (UG) courses at Delhi University (DU), highest number of applications is for BA (Hons) English at 1,26,327 followed by BA Programme and BA (Hons) Political Science for which 1,05,818 and 1,05,590 applications,respectively, have been received.
The online registration process for the undergraduate courses of Delhi University (DU) for academic session 2018-19 started on May 15 and lasted till June 7. About 2,78,574 applications have been received successfully for the undergraduate programme of Delhi University with 1,44,248 male applicants and 1,34,297 female applicants.
Next in fray is BA(Hons) Economics with 96,709 applicants followed by BA Programme of Non-Collegiate Women Education Board (NCWEB) with 93,720 applications. It is closely followed by BA (Hons) History with 92,011applications.
The B.Com and B.Com (NCWEB) has almost equal number of applicants with 85,791 while 85,728 applications received, respectively.
The first cut-off of Delhi University will come on June 19 after which document verification, approval of admission and payment of fee will be done from June 19 to 21. The second cut-off will come on June 25 and subsequent cut-offs later on. DU will come up with only 5 cut-offs this year contrary to more than dozen cut-offs last year and preceding year.
The number of applications for BA (Hons) Journalism course is 79,831, 75,495 for BA (Hons) Psychology, 75,434 applications for BA (Hons) Geography and 75,102 for BA (Hons.) Sociology. The number of applications for BCom. (Hons.) freezed at 74,921.
Among the traditional science courses, BSc (Honours) Mathematics has the highest number of applicants with 74,530 successful applications received for it. Next most sought out course in the science stream is BSc (Hons.) Chemistry with 72,401 applications followed by 70,431 applications for BSc (Hons) Physics.
Other courses like BA (Hons) Hindi has 71,185 applications. While BSc (Hons) Computer Science, BA (Hons) Social Work, BA (Hons) Philosophy, BA (Hons) Applied Psychology have 60,884, 59,687, 58,575 and 57,584 applications respectively. Vocational courses like BA(Voc) Human Resource Management and BA (Voc) Tourism Management have 53,207 and 49,378 applications respectively.
- Plea filed in HC against arrest of Bhushan steel's promoter by SFIO 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Noida plans green cover along road to deal with environmental issues 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- When people thronged Metro out of curiosity 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- NCWEB-DU to employ unemployed ad hoc 20 Aug 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- For first time city coloured equally green as other cities in Air Quality Index 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rain affects traffic in S Delhi severely, jams in isolated pockets 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Saral Kendra becomes G’gram’s Ist cashless fee payment centre 20 Aug 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- To curb accidents, Govt formulates Road Safety Policy 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt vows to withdraw recognition 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Four nabbed in online drug trafficking, 2.4 kg drugs seized 20 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...