- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
FIRs filed in two cases of molestation by cabbies in Gurugram
The Gurugram Police has booked two cab drivers who allegedly molested a woman and a minor girl in two separate incidents. In both the cases, police have registered an FIR and are investigating the matter.
According to police, on Wednesday night, an MNC employee alleged in her complaint to police that on same late night, she had booked an Uber cab as she wanted to join a birthday party of her friend at Gurugram Sector-15.
Soon after the booking, she received a call from the driver in which two persons were talking to each other in a suspicious manner. She cancelled her booking and again booked a cab but again the call was received by the same driver and she again cancelled her booking.
The cab driver named Jumran called her after five minutes and started abusing and also threatened her. Soon after the incident she immediately informed police on phone.
"The victim had revealed her ordeal on phone and told her to file her complaint at the police station in writing. Once we received the complaint we will start investigation, said Gaurav Phogat, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Sushant Lok police station.
In the second case, another cab driver Dinesh of Rajasthan molested and stalking a Class XII student.
He was stalking and molested the girl for some time. The victim, however, avoids and also warned him but he is still harassing her.
A case has been registered under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act. Further probe is on and the accused will be arrested soon, Rahul Dev, Station House Officer (SHO), of the Sector-53 police station, said.
- Kashmiri separatist Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others sent to 1 month judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhiites wakes up to humid morning, rainfall to continue 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC bars defacement of properties 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Employees Association writes to MHA over induction of DASS officer in lower grade 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Don who got clean chit in AAP MLA’s marital discord dies 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Snag in Metro halts services, overcrowds Huda City Centre stn 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 58 new Mohalla Clinics, 4 hospitals on the cards 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Days after SC rap, L-G assures of effective waste management 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- 2 smugglers arrested in separate incidents, 46 cartons of liquor seized 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC to build 73 new parking lots in next 2 years 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...