- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Gurugram casino run by dirty cop busted; 43 held
The Gurugram Police on Wednesday busted an illegal casino being run by a suspended Haryana Police constable in the upmarket South City-1 and arrested 43 people, including four women staffers. Police recovered Rs 22,44,000, 4 American Dollars, a country-made pistol, 4 live cartridges, a casino machine, cards, 48 branded liquor bottles, a currency counting machine, 210 tokens and 3 laptops from the house.
The accused, running the illegal casino, have been identified as Paramjeet Singh the suspended constable of Haryana Police and a resident of Jhajjar district in Haryana and Kapil, a resident of Sector-40 Gurugram.
According to police, Paramjeet was part of the police team that had killed Gurugram gangster Sandeep Gadoli last year. Paramjeeet was on the run with his service pistol since then. The weapon recovered is the service pistol allotted to accused Paramjeet before he absconded after Gadoli’s killing.
Both the accused were operating this racket from a rented accommodation for the last two days and he had hired four girls for this purpose.
Acting on a tip-off, several police teams under the overall supervision of Station House Officer (SHO) Sector-40 Sudhir Kumar mounted a raid at the South City-1 “K” on Wednesday night and arrested the accused.
The building had a restricted entry of rich and influential and the entire premises were under the watch of CCTV cameras. The customers visiting the casino were served branded liquor and meals, police said.
“The cash counting machine found from the premises suggest that there must have been heavy transactions. Further probe is underway as we are trying to ascertain their modus operendi of contacting clients,” said the SHO.
A case under various Sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including Excise, Arms and the Gambling Act, has been registered against them at Sector-40 Police Station.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...