Hearing on plea seeking FIR against Min Satyendar, 3 PWD officers deferred
A city court deferred hearing on a plea seeking FIR against Delhi Minister Satyendar Jain and three PWD officers alleging irregularities of over Rs 90 crore in awarding contracts for road and drain works in Delhi. The matter was adjourned for December 12 as Metropolitan Magistrate Abhilash Malhotra, who had kept it for hearing the complainant's arguments on Wednesday, had to leave the court premises to conduct test identification parade (TIP) at Tihar Jail. The court had on December 1 admitted the plea and kept it for consideration after the counsel for complainant Rahul Sharma briefed the court on the case.
The plea filed by Sharma, founder of NGO Road Anti- Corruption Organisation, has alleged that during 2014-17, officials of Delhi Government's Public Works Department (PWD) had allocated contracts for their pecuniary benefits as well as that of contractors for the work "which never got completed whereas shockingly all payments have been cleared".
The complaint, filed through advocate Kislay Pandey, also alleged irregularities in 125 matters of construction of roads, drains and other maintenance work with an estimated cost of more than of Rs 90 crore.
The plea has sought a probe into Jain's role in causing gain to contractors allegedly by using ministerial influence and prosecution of PWD officials — Anil Trehan, executive engineer, Mukesh Kumar, superintending engineer and Eesh Kumar Anand, accountant, for the alleged offences of criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery.
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Metro’s Yellow Line to spread patriotism message with pics of Gandhi and Indian icons 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Transportation of live heart: Special corridor created, 35-year-old saved 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NDMC’s smart city project: Rajnath launches Wi-Fi, 360o cameras 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Brace up to curb winter pollution, Civic bodies told 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Security stepped up in Gurugram ahead of Independence Day 14 Aug 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Pvt company owner held for molesting minor trainee 13 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to schools: Report any untoward incident to us before reaching media 13 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City’s SWAT women commandos don designer uniform 13 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...