Hope Kejriwal join probe without politicising it: LoP
The Delhi BJP expressed hope that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal would join the police probe into Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash assault case without "indulging in politics".
The "conspiracy" of assault on Prakash was "hatched" at Kejriwal's residence so it is not surprising that he was to be questioned by the police, alleged Vijender Gupta, BJP legislator and Leader of Opposition (LOP) in the Delhi Assembly. The Delhi Police on Wednesday sent a notice to Kejriwal, asking him to join investigation in connection with the alleged assault on the Chief Secretary.
"The Chief Minister should cooperate in investigation instead of indulging in politics over it," Gupta said. He also criticised the Delhi Police for delaying the questioning of Kejriwal in connection with the case. "It is a delayed step by the police. I fail to understand why police was hesitant in questioning him," LOP said.
Last month, Kejriwal's private secretary Bibhav Kumar and party volunteer Vivek Kumar were also questioned in connection with the case.
Police have already questioned 11 AAP MLAs who were present at the chief minister's residence for the meeting on February 19 in which Prakash was allegedly attacked. Kejriwal, his former advisor V K Jain and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia were also present there. The alleged assault on the chief secretary had triggered a bitter tussle between the Delhi Government and its bureaucracy.
- 24 Delhi Police officials scoop Prez’s medal for meritorious services 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 30 CBI officials, officers bag President’s medal 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rani Jhansi Grade separator all set to miss its eighth deadline 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Setback for AAP as senior leader Ashutosh resigns 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Why can’t other States emulate Delhi in health, edu sectors: CM 16 Aug 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- Yamuna flows above danger level, IMD forecasts rain till August 20 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PM pays visit to ailing Vajpayee in AIIMS 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt has brought Centre to N-E India doorstep: Modi 16 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Modi hails all women crew of Tarini vessel 16 Aug 2018 | Sapna Singh
- All-women SWAT team from N-E at Red Fort beams with pride 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...