Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Metro gets green signal
The Delhi Metro on Tuesday said the Janakpuri West- Kalkaji Mandir sector (part of Magenta Line) has been inspected and is likely to become operational soon. The commissioner for metro rail safety has given the mandatory approval to start passenger services on this 25.6-km-long section.
Anuj Dayal, Executive Director of Corporations of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said, “The Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) has given the mandatory approval for the start of passenger operations on the 25.6 km long section between Janakpuri West and Kalkaji Mandir subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions and stipulations.
The exact date of opening of this corridor will be intimated after compliance of the same by the DMRC. This section has 16 stations, including two interchange stations namely Hauz Khas and Janakpuri West, Dayal said.
Once this section becomes operational, the Magenta Line would reduce travel time between West Delhi and south Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad and Noida considerably. For instance, travelling between Hauz Khas and Janakpuri West at present requires an inter-change from Rajiv Chowk that takes nearly 55 minutes, but after the opening of the Magenta Line the journey would take less than 30 minutes.
The Magenta Line will be the first line to run on the CBTC technology (auto mode). The trains will run under the supervision of a driver for at least two years before running on the auto mode,” he added.
The Platform Screen Doors are glass-made screens installed near the edge of platforms that open only when a train arrives and shut after it departs. They are installed to enhance commuter safety.
“Besides, a new-age technology, Communication-Based Train Control (CBTC) signalling technology will be used that can facilitate movement of trains with a frequency of 90 to 100 seconds will also be pressed into service,” said the official. Initially trains will operate with the frequency of five minutes and 14 seconds on this section.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...