- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Jolly meets Puri, wants Metro link for Sangam Vihar
Former Delhi BJP MLA Vijay Jolly met Union Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri and demanded that the Sangam Vihar area of South Delhi should be connected by Delhi Metro.
Jolly said nearly 10 to 15 lakh poor people live in Sangam Vihar and adjoining colonies but still there are hardly any public transport facilities available. “Once the proposal accepted it will provide relief to people living in areas of Deoli Village, Durga Vihar, Deoli Nai Basti, Deoli Extn., Raju Park, Bihari Park, Jawahar Park, Krishna Park, Duggal Colony, Shiv Park, Tigri JJ Camp, Tigri DDA Flats, Khanpur Village, Sainik Farms, Anupam Garden and Neb Sarai,” he said.
He also pointed out that the area which is highly populated lags behind on development front as there is not even regular water supply, making life miserable.
Accusing AAP MLA Dinesh Mohania, he said despite being Vice Chairman of the Delhi Jal Board Mohania has failed to lay pipelines in the area.
Mohalla clinic in this area is also not working properly due to lack of proper medical equipments and medicines.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...