L-G hold talks for green, clean Delhi
In a bid to make national Capital "clean and green", Lieutenant-Governor (LG) Anil Baijal held detailed deliberations with the representatives of civic agencies on Monday. The L-G also stated that Open Defecation Free (ODF) Delhi must the remain top focus and it should be completed by June 30, 2018.
According to a statement issued by the Rajniwas, "From vertical gardens at flyovers, to massive plantation exercise on Delhi Development Authority (DDA) land and comprehensive plans with Municipal Corporation with power department in residential sector were discussed".
"There is a need of extensive IEC campaign for promoting the use of Solar Energy, so that the residents can be made aware about various benefits and incentives", LG told the officials.
The L-G asked the three municipal commissioners of civic agencies about the measures that have been taken regarding ODF, Waste Management, procurement of equipments, cleanliness, sanitation, redevelopment of markets and other important issues of MCDs in Delhi, they said.
The L-G also directed the DDA to take up plantation exercise on a large scale and stressed that vacant Gram Sabha lands to be developed as green parks so that our focus should be on Green Delhi.
Baijal also directed Power Department to prepare a comprehensive plan with Municipal Corporations for Roof Top Solar PV system in residential sector.
"Schools, Hospital and offices should be given top priority while making the plan. For an extensive IEC campaign for promoting the use of Solar Energy, the residents should be made aware about the various benefits and incentives available in its adoption," quoted an official said.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | PTI | Bengaluru
Expecting early Lok Sabha polls by December, Congress in Karnataka on Saturday said it has begun preparations for the elections that it claimed would instal a "non-BJP" Government at the Centre. In the run-up to the polls, Congress said it has decided to reorganise the party from grassroots to pradesh congress committee level...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh reviewed the preparations and programmes on scheduled visit of President Ramnath Kovind to Chhattisgarh with his cabinet colleagues and senior officials at his official residence on Saturday. President is scheduled to visit the State on July 25 and 26 at Dantewada and Bastar (Jagdalpur)...