Man stabs friend to death over a glass of cold water
A 20-year-old man was allegedly stabbed to death in front of his wife by one of his friends, following a quarrel over serving cold water, in northwest Delhi's Bharat Nagar. The incident occurred on the intervening night of July 11 and 12. According to the police, Sagar, the victim was a resident of Jehangirpuri in Outer Delhi.
It has been revealed that Sagar, accompanied by his wife, had gone to meet his friends at the JJ colony. Since it was hot, the victim asked the accused, Gaurav, to get him cold water. It appears that it did not go down well with Gaurav. He reportedly flew into rage and started arguing, police said.
This led to a fight between the accused and the victim, the police said, adding that Gaurav stabbed Sagar multiple times with a knife as his wife watched haplessly. She tried to save her husband but in vain. A case of murder has been registered and investigation has been launched into the incident and a hunt is on for the accused, police said.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...