Mansarovar Park murders: Two persons arrested
Two more persons were arrested on Thursday for their alleged involvement in the killing of an octogenarian woman, her three daughters and their security guard in Mansarovar Park area in October, police said.
Seven persons involved in the murder of five were arrested by the Crime Branch. According to a senior police officer, two more accused persons identified as, Nitin and Deepak, both aged 30, were arrested around 4 am by the Crime Branch. The killings were carried out with an intention to commit robbery and the mastermind of the plan was the security guard, who was killed by his son and son-in-law.
The officer said that jewellery worth Rs 30-40 lakh was robbed while cash amounted to Rs 14 lakh. The bodies of Urmila Jindal (82), her daughters Sangeeta Gupta (56), Nupur Jindal (48) and Anjali Jindal (38) and security guard Rakesh (42), were found with multiple stab wounds on the morning of October 7.
Police added that after interrogation, the security guard’s son- in-law Vikas had confessed to his involvement in the killings. He was arrested, following which the guard’s son Anuj (25), and their associates Sunny (22) Vikash alias Vicky and Neeraj (37), were also arrested.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...