Memory cards, gold worth Rs 3.49 cr seized at NCT by Customs
Gold and memory cards worth Rs 3.49 crore have been seized by customs department officials at the New Courier Terminal (NCT) in Delhi. According to a release by the customs department, two packages, which had come from Hong Kong and Bangkok and claimed to have been carrying Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) devices for computers by their senders, were examined on Wednesday. Upon opening the first consignment, 36 packets carrying 43,020 pieces of memory cards, it said, adding the market value of the goods is about Rs 1.72 crore.
In the second package, six gold bars (weighing a total of 6kg) were found inside it. The gold, valuing about Rs 1.77 crore, has been seized, the release said. Both the packages were misdeclared and were not carrying UPS but the confiscated goods, it said. Efforts are on to nab the accused, said a customs official.
- Youth kills self by jumping in front of Metro train; services disrupted for 30 minutes 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DMRC adopts ways to prevent suicide bids on Metro premises 21 Jul 2018 | GAYATHI MANI
- Mayors seek L-G’s help in release of funds 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- North civic body releases mosquito-killing fish 21 Jul 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- JNU moots time-table to enable students opt for multiple lectures 21 Jul 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Relief for Kanhaiya: HC sets aside JNU’s Rs 10,000 fine for anti-India slogans 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Kejriwal raps babus over report on Mohalla Clinics 21 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Cong to launch ‘Jan Adhikar Abhiyan' from Aug 4 to 11 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Parents-in-law denied interim bail 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Drug cartel busted, heroin worth Rs 16 cr seized 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...