- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
MHA OK’s posting of 2 addl Chief Secys after L-G’s order
A day after Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal ordered transfers of three key civil servants, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issued a notification on Wednesday for the appointment of two senior civil servants of Anindo Majumdar and Manoj Parida for appointment as Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) of Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD). Interestingly, this is the first time when a Union Territory (UT) will have two Additional Chief Secretaries.
The official order issued by the MHA on Wednesday stated that the competent authority has approved the posting of Majumdar and Parida as Additional Chief Secretary with the GNCTD.
Both the officers are of Arunachal Goa Mizoram & Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre. Majumdar belongs to 1985 batch of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) while Parida who holds the important charge of the Delhi Home department is of 1986.
Incidentally, Anshu Paraksh of the 1986 batch will continue as the Chief Secretary (CS). Sources said appointment of Anindo Majumdar as the ACS has created a piquant situation as he is senior to the current CS. It is being interpreted that Prakash will make way for Majumdar as the CS and he will proceed on central deputation.
It is pertinent to mention here that on Tuesday, the L-G was replaced by Sanjay Goyal as Director of Education department. Similarly, Chanchal Yadav, posted as Deputy Commissioner with SDMC was been shifted as Special Secretary to the L-G while Vasanthakumar N was appointed Special Commissioner (Trade and Taxes) on the direction of L-G.
Moreover, the transfer orders came even as the Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed on the City Government appeal to hear next week appeals of the Delhi Government relating to the scope of its various powers, including Services department.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...