minor abducted two months ago returns pregnant; three held
A 13-year-old girl who was allegedly abducted returned home last week and has been found to be three weeks pregnant. Till now three people have been arrested in the case. On May 6 the girl did not return home after she went to buy some ice cream. According to DCP South-East Romil Baaniya, on May 12, on the complaint of Prem Kumar, the girl’s father, a case u/s 363 IPC was registered. During the investigation one name — Iddu Khan—cropped up who used to work nearby and was missing since the incident. Several raids were conducted at the possible hideouts at Etah, Uttar Pradesh but in vain. During the investigation a Nikahnama of the missing girl and Iddu Khan was found. During raid at Etah on July 3, one of witness to the Nikahnama — Buddhu Khan — was held. On July 7 Khan and the girl came before the ACMM court where Khan was arrested. The girl was found pregnant. She, however, refused to go home with parents and is now in a shelter home. One more witness to the Nikahnama —Nizamuddin —has been arrested.
- Various road infra projects announced 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- BJP: AAP less focussed on Budget, more on heaping critical comments on L-G 23 Mar 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Budget 2017-18 hollow with manipulated statistics: Maken 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rs 5,145 cr for transport sector, DTC fleet to get 1K buses 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Water supply, sewage treatment to get Rs 2,777cr 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Major relief to MCDs with Rs 6,903 cr 23 Mar 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Rs 6,279 cr for health sector proposed, UHIS on cards 23 Mar 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Kejriwal: Govt will take development to every house in Capital 23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 26% allocated for education 23 Mar 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Woman hired gang to throw acid on her female partner 23 Mar 2018 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...