- 8 killed as portion of TN transport corpn's building collapses
- Make China Great Again! Xi leads China into muscular new era
- Chidambaram takes dig at EC for delaying Gujarat poll announcement
- Modi lashes out at Congress for rejecting 2013 proposal to redevelop Kedarnath
- Study: World pollution deadlier than wars, disasters, hunger
- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
minor abducted two months ago returns pregnant; three held
A 13-year-old girl who was allegedly abducted returned home last week and has been found to be three weeks pregnant. Till now three people have been arrested in the case. On May 6 the girl did not return home after she went to buy some ice cream. According to DCP South-East Romil Baaniya, on May 12, on the complaint of Prem Kumar, the girl’s father, a case u/s 363 IPC was registered. During the investigation one name — Iddu Khan—cropped up who used to work nearby and was missing since the incident. Several raids were conducted at the possible hideouts at Etah, Uttar Pradesh but in vain. During the investigation a Nikahnama of the missing girl and Iddu Khan was found. During raid at Etah on July 3, one of witness to the Nikahnama — Buddhu Khan — was held. On July 7 Khan and the girl came before the ACMM court where Khan was arrested. The girl was found pregnant. She, however, refused to go home with parents and is now in a shelter home. One more witness to the Nikahnama —Nizamuddin —has been arrested.
- Woman tries to sell kidney to meet demands of lover 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Brain dead man gives new lease of life to four 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Man held for bootlegging, vehicle theft 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Youth tries to strangulate ex-girlfriend in E Delhi 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- IGIA becomes world‚Äôs No.2 airport in passenger handling 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Yuvraj Singh‚Äôs sis-in-law names him in domestic violence case 19 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Gurugram to get 2nd all-women police station in Manesar on Oct 21 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- DRI vehicle stolen from Seva Nagar 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
- EC: Only 1,400 voters per booth with VVPAT EVM 19 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Man succumbs to self-inflicted burn injuries 19 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...