- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
minor abducted two months ago returns pregnant; three held
A 13-year-old girl who was allegedly abducted returned home last week and has been found to be three weeks pregnant. Till now three people have been arrested in the case. On May 6 the girl did not return home after she went to buy some ice cream. According to DCP South-East Romil Baaniya, on May 12, on the complaint of Prem Kumar, the girl’s father, a case u/s 363 IPC was registered. During the investigation one name — Iddu Khan—cropped up who used to work nearby and was missing since the incident. Several raids were conducted at the possible hideouts at Etah, Uttar Pradesh but in vain. During the investigation a Nikahnama of the missing girl and Iddu Khan was found. During raid at Etah on July 3, one of witness to the Nikahnama — Buddhu Khan — was held. On July 7 Khan and the girl came before the ACMM court where Khan was arrested. The girl was found pregnant. She, however, refused to go home with parents and is now in a shelter home. One more witness to the Nikahnama —Nizamuddin —has been arrested.
- DU to come up with 6th cut-off list on July 18 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Out of 85k cops, 15k absent during work: RTI 16 Jul 2018 | GAYATHRI MANI
- ‘18 cr suffer from arthritis in India’ 16 Jul 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Centre removes JNU Prof accused of sexual harassment from pollution panel 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Green court planning to conduct hearings through video-conferencing 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Minorities body concerned over meagre loans given to minorities, writes to DSFDC 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 100 public services at your doorstep by Aug 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Food delivery boys vandalise restaurant in Kalkaji 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Female flight attendant jumps to death from Hauz Khas residence 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Vehicles gutted in Noida showroom fire 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | New Delhi
Branching off the main Delhi-Chandigarh-Shimla highway on National Highway 22, which some still call by its earlier name of Hindustan-Tibet Road, are three quaint hill stations—Kasauli, Dagshai and Subathu—all military cantonments, which you cannot miss if you are a travel enthusiast. The charm of long leisurely walks, chirping of all varieties of colorful birds, smell of wild and exotic flowers, the fresh coat of green on leaves when it rains, the...