Most Wanted stolen cars’ buyer from across north India held
The Delhi Police Crime Branch on Wednesday arrested the most wanted buyer of stolen cars across north India.
"Jishan Qureshi, the arrested accused, revealed that he had dismantled and disposed more than thousands of cars stolen from various areas of Delhi-NCR and taken them to Meerut which is said to be the 'Mortuary of stolen cars'. One country-made pistol and three stolen luxury cars have been recovered from his possession," said Alok Kumar, Joint Commissioner of Police, Crime Branch.
Qureshi is involved in more than 25 criminal cases of auto-theft and tampering of engine/chassis numbers of vehicles across Delhi, Meerut, Gurugram, Noida and Ghaziabad. Last year, our team had arrested an autolifter, Pawan. He had revealed that his gang sold stolen cars to Jishan in Meerut. Later, the cops arrested three more members of an auto lifting gang who too named Jishan Qureshi. Continuing their efforts, the team of Crime Branch arrested one Pramod who told us that he had sold 30 luxury cars to Jishan," said Kumar.
A team under DCP Bhisham Singh managed to trace Jishan and apprehended him from near Dhulsiras Village, Dwarka in a stolen Polo car, while he whipped out his country-made pistol towards the raiding party in order to flee. Later on, two stolen luxurious cars including XUV and Verna were also recovered from his garage in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
Kumar said, "During sustained interrogation, Jishan revealed that he started as a helper in a garage and later opened his own garage.
He further told that he used to buy small stolen cars like Santro, Wagon-R etc. for Rs. 50,000-70,000 and later started buying expensive cars. He got these cars through auto lifting gangs which operate in Delhi- NCR.
He further revealed that during past few years, Jishan used to purchase stolen cars from several auto-lifter gangs active in Delhi and NCR and thousands of stolen cars have either been dismantled by him or sold out to another notorious receiver of Meerut after keeping a commission and further supplied them to Kashmir and Nepal. He also provided keys of the cars to some auto-lifter gangs, which they later used for replacing with original keys of targeted cars parked outside mansions in posh colonies and the keys kept with guards or cleaners,".
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...