- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
NDMC set to achieve target of planting 10L trees
Pomegranate Tree, an ancient beloved plant and fruit which had been planted last year by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) in the premises of Brazil Embassy has started flowering which is very enthusiastic and happy moment for the family of Brazil Embassy.
Tovar Da Silva Nune, Ambassador of Brazil while speaking after planting a sampling of Guava tree in the premises of Brazil Embassy on Saturday said, “The usage of Pomegranate tree is deeply embedded in the human life and is famous as food and medicine remedy, so we would like to extend our thanks to NDMC for the valuable gift given to our Embassy.”
He said that trees not only provide shelters and food for many birds but also help in bio-diversity. He also added that more forestation and green cover in a community means increased pleasant surroundings and smooth effect on the body and mind.
Naresh Kumar , Chairperson of NDMC said that with the dedicated efforts of our team and co-operation being extended by people at large, the tree plantation work has began in full swing and getting momentum day by day. "With such a pace of work of tree plantation the NDMC would likely to achieve its target of 10 lakh sapling fixed for the ongoing monsoon season," he said.
- Kashmiri separatist Aasiya Andrabi, 2 others sent to 1 month judicial custody 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhiites wakes up to humid morning, rainfall to continue 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- HC bars defacement of properties 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Employees Association writes to MHA over induction of DASS officer in lower grade 17 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Don who got clean chit in AAP MLA’s marital discord dies 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Snag in Metro halts services, overcrowds Huda City Centre stn 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 58 new Mohalla Clinics, 4 hospitals on the cards 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Days after SC rap, L-G assures of effective waste management 17 Jul 2018 | Sapna Singh
- 2 smugglers arrested in separate incidents, 46 cartons of liquor seized 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- NMC to build 73 new parking lots in next 2 years 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...