NGT seeks report on making pipeline operational to supply treated sewage water for gardening in South
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed the civic authorities to file an action taken report on making a pipeline operational to supply treated sewage water for gardening in a South Delhi colony. A Bench headed by Justice S P Wangdi asked the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), South Delhi Municipal Corporation and the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) to make the pipeline functional in Vasant Kunj so that fresh water is not wasted.
The Green Panel also directed the authorities to consider the suggestions of the applicant in the case and implement them expeditiously."We have taken on record a note filed on behalf of the applicant placing certain suggestion to get over the impediments. We direct them to consider the suggestions and, if practicable and technologically feasible, to implement those at the earliest. We are of the view that as the issues raised in the application are not complex, these can be addressed without much delay conveniently.
"We expect the DDA, MCD as well as DJB to resolve this issue and file an action taken report and, if they are not successful, to submit a specific time line for completion of the work," the bench said and posted the matter for further hearing on February 28.
The tribunal had earlier prohibited the residents, DDA, South Delhi Municipal Corporation and DJB from using fresh water for gardening purposes.
The counsel for DJB had earlier told the bench that there was a sewage treatment plant in Vasant Kunj in south Delhi from where treated sewage water can be provided to the residents for the purpose.
The tribunal was hearing a plea filed by retired Rear Admiral A P Revi seeking directions for supply of treated sewage water in Vasant Kunj for gardening and other purposes so that they do not have to use fresh water.
The plea had said that treated water should be used for the maintenance of greenery in the Vasant Kunj area.
- NRI asks for direction, assaulted, dies due to heart attack; 2 arrested 18 Aug 2018 | SR
- Civic bodies slammed for trash mountain 18 Aug 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- Gurudwara body buys new machines to print more Guru Granth Sahibs 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SC asks L-G to set up body 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Spa-sex racket busted, 3 women, 2 men arrested 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- City Govt to give Rs 10cr aid to flood-hit Kerala 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3,316 minors go missing this year till June 30, say police 18 Aug 2018 | Garen Warjri Panor
- Submit timeline for complying with PDS order, HC directs Govt 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Italian held at IGIA for carrying unauthorised sat phone 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Signature bridge to be completed by Oct 18 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2018 | PNS | lOHARDAGA
Four ministers of School Children’s Parliament of Govt Middle school Narauli were felicitated for their outstanding leadership and excellent services in school management on the occasion of 72nd Independence Day. After the flag hoisting programme President Ramdayal Oraon, Prime Minister Sheela Oraon, Education Minister Anjali Oraon and Nutrition Minister Chandmuni Oraon were given certificate of appreciation and Oxford English Grammar book as prize...