Now WhatsApp group lens on cleanliness in trains
Various departments of a train, viz. pantry, bed rolls, etc will have a separate WhatsApp group, which would be monitored by a senior railway official incharge of the cleanliness in the trains.
It will also help railways to bring about greater transparency and accountability in its functioning. Passengers can send in their requests on the group and the same would be forwarded to the authorized representatives by the official overseeing the group.
“Considering the continuous increase in passenger traffic, adequate facilities need to be provided at stations for passengers’ safety and comfort. Besides upgradation of these facilities from time to time and proper maintenance of facilities created are also required said,” General Manager, Northern Railway Vishwesh Chaube.
“WhatsApp groups have been created for train and pantry cleanliness, bed rolls, and functionality of air conditioners in trains. Photographs are being uploaded in these groups for monitoring by,” said a senior railway official.
Northern Railway, which is one of the busiest section of Indian Railways, has taken the lead with this being the second such service of Whatsapp being used by Railways. Earlier it had deployed the free interface to provide live update of all trains through Whatsapp number - 7349389104.
The Northern Railway has also set up a new washing line at the Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station in Delhi, which would assist in cleaning coaches within minutes.
- 10 more held for vandalising car last week 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Delhi Police Special Cell to probe attack on JNU ex-student Umar Khalid 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Welfare Minister inspects security for women in shelter homes 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 600 CISF jawans to frisk metro commuters 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- I-Day: 10k cops, SWAT to guard Red Fort 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- L-G greets nation on I-Day eve, says treat all with respect, dignity 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- SDMC to provide temporary land to artisans for making Ravana effigies 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt to hire 7k graduates with smartphone skills 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 37 fresh cases of malaria reported last week 14 Aug 2018 | SUGANDHA
- Discourage students from flying kites: Govt directs schools 14 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...