- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Parents of gangrape victim held for taking Rs 5L hush money from accused
In a shocking incident, parents of a 15-year-old, who was allegedly gangraped last year, have been arrested by the Delhi Police for taking bribe of Rs 5 lakh from the accused to withdraw the case. Police said the incident was reported to them at the Pram Nagar police Chowk where the minor girl walked with the bundle of cash. Apart from filing a case against the five rapists, the girl filed a case against her parents.
A senior police officer said, "As per the complaint filed by the girl, she was gang raped by one property dealer Sunil Shahi and his four associates at the Kirari area last year in August. On April 8, two associates of Sunil Shahi came to her house and offered Rs 20 lakh to the parents of the girl to make her withdraw her statement. On the night of April 9, the associates came with Rs 5 lakh. The girl's parents started putting pressure on the girl to withdraw the case and even thrashed her. On April 10, while the parents had gone to the court, the minor girl took out the cash, Rs 4.96 lakhs which was hidden under a bed and went over to police," said the officer.
"The girl did a brave thing. She asked to be shifted so we have sent the girl to a child observation home. The girl's mother was detained on Sunday."
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...