Passage to ‘no-entry zone’ just a click away
Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi on Tuesday launched an online portal for granting permission to heavy transport vehicles (HTV) to enter ‘No-Entry’ zone. The applications for the grant of no entry permission for 2016 will be processed online through traffic police website, from November 16 to December 15.
“So far HTVs’ owners had to apply for the permit following a lot of paperwork, including the submission of supporting documents. With the launch of this online portal, owners of such vehicles are not required to travel to traffic headquarters in Todapur to fill form and hence, save time and paper,” said Bassi while addressing the media.
“Every detail of the HTV owner will be submitted through this portal and a processing non-refundable fee of `200 will also be charged online now,” added Bassi.
Mentioning the technicalities of the portal, Bassi mentioned, the owners who will apply for the renewal of their no-entry permit, will only have to wait for a week against a month they used to before and for new applicants, it will be a month-time procedure.
A committee at Traffic headquarters has been designated to scrutinise the process and in the first week of January 2016, a list of successful applications will be displayed online. The applicants selected, will then be asked to pay `500 per vehicle and submit photocopies of the original documents of their vehicle. The web-based application that has been developed by ACSG Corporation comes as the technological wheels that will advance our frequency to work and avoid delays, Bassi said.
- 17-yr-old widow stabbed to death by brother-in-law 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- To address waterlogging issues SDMC launches helpline number 23228325 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 3 loot man outside Axis bank, robbers nabbed after 3 days 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Does NCRB collect details of crimes or only numbers, asks HC 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- For collecting property tax, EDMC to organise camps at ward level 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PWD responsible for waterlogging at Minto Road, Shivaji bridge, says N Delhi Mayor 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- IT cell to be set up in Gurugram, Faridabad 18 Jul 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- Hopes afloat as DU 6th cut-off list out 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Monsoon Assembly Session to begin from August 6 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt complains against Golf Club for felling over 100 trees illegally 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...