Passage to ‘no-entry zone’ just a click away
Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi on Tuesday launched an online portal for granting permission to heavy transport vehicles (HTV) to enter ‘No-Entry’ zone. The applications for the grant of no entry permission for 2016 will be processed online through traffic police website, from November 16 to December 15.
“So far HTVs’ owners had to apply for the permit following a lot of paperwork, including the submission of supporting documents. With the launch of this online portal, owners of such vehicles are not required to travel to traffic headquarters in Todapur to fill form and hence, save time and paper,” said Bassi while addressing the media.
“Every detail of the HTV owner will be submitted through this portal and a processing non-refundable fee of `200 will also be charged online now,” added Bassi.
Mentioning the technicalities of the portal, Bassi mentioned, the owners who will apply for the renewal of their no-entry permit, will only have to wait for a week against a month they used to before and for new applicants, it will be a month-time procedure.
A committee at Traffic headquarters has been designated to scrutinise the process and in the first week of January 2016, a list of successful applications will be displayed online. The applicants selected, will then be asked to pay `500 per vehicle and submit photocopies of the original documents of their vehicle. The web-based application that has been developed by ACSG Corporation comes as the technological wheels that will advance our frequency to work and avoid delays, Bassi said.
- AAP moves HC over registration of political party with ‘AAP’ name 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Why redevelopment of 7 colonies of S Delhi be allowed: HC to Centre 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- EDMC nets Rs 2.38 cr as waste management fine 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- South Korean nabbed with satellite phone at IGI Airport 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Opp parties give call to defeat BJP 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Wanted criminal with Rs 1L bounty on head nabbed 17 Aug 2018 | New Delhi
- 50-yr-old NRI beaten to death, two arrested 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 64% of air pollution in winters is caused by external factors : Study 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- All civic bodies’ offices to be closed for a day 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Govt offices, schools to be shut today 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Aug 2018 | PNS | Jamshedpur
Tata Steel celebrated Nation’s 72nd Independence Day with patriotic fervour at its Jamshedpur Works and across its locations. The celebrations began with TV Narendran, CEO& Managing Director Tata Steel, hoisting the tricolor, which was followed by a ceremonial march past and the National Anthem...